Hiro’s Journal / ヒロ日記より 04.08.2019, Day 43

4月8日 日本時間午前7時 43日目 天気晴れ

北緯23度53分 東経159度43分 南西の風13ノット 

波1.5 メートル. ヘディング310度 船速5ノット

【苦渋の選択】

昨晩、気象予報士とのやり取りで、近づいている低気圧が勢力を増しているため、このまま小名浜に直行で向かうのを断念となりました。

南西に引き続き逃げることにしましたが、それでも影響を受けるようで、また30ノットくらいまで吹き上がりそうです。 約北緯21度ぐらいまで南に戻る予定です。300 km 来た道を戻るものは辛いものです。往復だと600 km にもなりますからね。

しかし、これも安全を第一に考えた苦渋の選択です。ここで、どんどん小名浜に近づいていたのに、戻るのは精神的に本当につらいです。でも、皆さんと元気でお会いできるように頑張っていきます。

苦労すればするほど、小名浜ゴール時の感動が、強くなると信じて、平常心で頑張ります。

April 8th, 7 a.m., JST, Day 43, Weather: Clear

23.53 N. 159.43 E, SW 13 kits. wind

Wave height: 1.5 meter, Course: 310, Boat speed :5 its.

[ Difficult missions to make ]

We got a report from our weather forecast advisor, saying the approaching low pressure is developing, that we decided not go directly to Onahama from where we are.

We will continue to escape to southwest from the low, but still, the winds will come up to 30 kts. under the effect of being close to it. We will be down South again, close to 21N. We came up north for 300 km, which means, we will end up having extra 600 km total by doing this. But, we just got to do it to be on the safe side.

It is not easy to accept that we are gonna have to move away from Onahama at this point, because we were making quite a good progress. We will do the best, so we can safely see people waiting for us in Onahama!

I believe, the harder ways we go, the more precious the moment when we get to our goal. I will try to keep a calm state of mind.

This is suggested route for this week as of yesterday, but we are not sure if the weather situation will remain as they forecasted. (the right dot id the current location) これは昨日提案された今週の経路ですが、天気予報自体がこのままとも限りません。(右端のドットが現在位置)