Hiro’s Journal / ヒロ日記より 04.10.2019, Day 45

4月10日 日本時間午前7時 45日目 天気曇り

北緯24度4分 東経157度27分
北西の風21ノット 波4 メートル
ヘディング230度 船速7.5ノット

【昨晩、乗り切りました】

昨日、低気圧を回すために、南西に向けてセーリングし始めました。波が高く風も強く、南西に向かったのですが、風の方向と潮に押されて、結局南に行かざるを得なくなりました。非常に我慢我慢の時間が続きました。

今日の昼過ぎには、風も波も落ち着く予定なので、安全にセーリングを続けます。あと2~3回、この低気圧に遭遇しそうです。

昨日、あのまま北東に向けて小名浜に行っていれば、25メートル以上の風になっていたようです。
日本から遠ざかっても、気象予報士のアドバイスのもと、この決断は適切だったと思います。

April 10th, 7 a.m., JST, Day 45, Weather: Cloudy

24.4 N 157.27 E, NW 21 kts. wind

Wave hight: 4 meter, Course: 230, Boat speed: 7.5 kts.

[ We got over the difficult condition last night ]

We started to sail southwest to get away from the low yesterday. We tried to go southwest, but the high waves and current forced us to move south. We just needed patience, patience…

We are excepting to have lower winds and waves this afternoon, so will continue to sail safely. It is forecasted to have two to three more low pressures on our way.

If we kept going NE to get a short cut to Onahama, we would have been in 25 km/h of wind gust! We think we made the right decision based on our weather advisor even though we got further away from our goal.

One thought on “Hiro’s Journal / ヒロ日記より 04.10.2019, Day 45

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s